Monday, May 17, 2021

Another year

 I am another year older, no celebrations for me. None expected. My husband bought me a card and a cake just before the day was over. He did not remember that I hate carrot cake so now he has a cake to eat. 

Yes, he is still driving. At this time he is still capable of that. I am not sure how much longer that will last. So many changes to come and I am truly not ready. How do you get ready to change from a wife to a caretaker of someone that may not remember you at all? 

Today is a good day so far. He commented he has been sleeping better since starting his medication. 

I am slowly getting things done around here that have been neglected. New shades are now hung in my bedroom. I will be picking out my paint tomorrow. I am going with shades of blue and silver for the colors. I will only be able to paint 1 wall at a time as I am totally rearranging the room.

I know I am just random talking. Not much of a storyteller these days. Maybe someday I can get back to writing a complete narrative instead of disjointed thoughts popping out.

The dryer is done. Be back later.

1 comment:

  1. I like knowing you're still out there. I don't blame you for wondering how you'll manage this new challenge with your husband; I'd be apprehensive too. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete