Monday, February 15, 2021

Morning sadness

 I am sad this morning. 

Last night, or rather this morning, I received a series of texts from my husband asking me where I was, worried about me because of the time, then a third text telling me he is not waiting on me anymore to eat. A minute late he texts my granddaughter asking if she knew where I was. I was in bed.

Two hours before the texts came I had gone to bed, to sleep, just 25 feet away from him.

I came home from work and made pizza. I was tired and just wanted a quick meal. I knew he had probably not had anything to eat other than cookies. Why cookies? I don't know. He will eat sweets and not reheat any meals I make him or any frozen dinners. There are some days he leaves and gets food at Bojangles or Waffle House. 

We had an argument. Endora(black cat) was gagging. He insisted that she must be hurt inside because of the dog that had attacked her. He proceeded to tell me of the dog attack by a husky-like dog in our driveway. He said the dog had her entire head in his mouth and was shaking her. He said it belongs to the people in the doublewide. He then claimed he shot the dog dead.

SMH

The truth is, he is partly describing an incident that happened 10 years ago. Our small dog Scampi was attacked by a husky type dog in our driveway. The dog belonged to his cousin. The dog he shot and killed- happened 20 years ago. It was attacking our goats. 

This morning. He just got up. 

I want my happy back.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Celeste... is he getting dementia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, unfortunately. It is very much in his family, his mother,3 of her sisters and 2 of her brothers.

      Delete